Study, diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the respiratory system
Especialidad de Neumology
The medical specialty of Pulmonology examines, diagnoses and treats all diseases that affect the respiratory system, including different disease groups;
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Sleep Apnoea-Hypopnea
- Pathology interstitial pulmonary fibrosis, sarcoidosis, etc.
- Pulmonary embolism
- Infectious Diseases, tuberculosis, pneumonia, bronchiectasis, etc.
- Tumour Pathology, lung cancer, mesothelioma
Added to initially describe medical action, pulmonologists perform a study of lung function that allows us to cover diagnostic and therapeutic aspects of a large number of diseases originating in the lung or that it has a target organ. This type of functional tests is needed to perform and evaluate preoperative surgical risks for any surgery where anaesthesia is used. Enabling to find out the level of disability, treatment and progress, etc.
This type of test for determining dynamic volumes are made in the same query, supported by the most common imaging studies, Rx and CT
ADDITIONAL TESTS DIAGNOSTICS
– Test Bronchial Hyperactivity Test