Service Maxilofacial Unit
The Unit for Oral Diseases, Oral Surgery and Maxillofacial Surgery at Clinica Ochoa in Marbella is the result of the union between maxillofacial surgeons and dentists, in order to form a working group encouraging communication between professionals in various fields, but working within the same area.
This association of professionals is both a simple but very valuable tool, when it comes to providing our patients with a comprehensive treatment for all their medical conditions. We provide solutions and offer more advanced, modern treatment possibilities proven by scientific studies.
The Unit for Oral Diseases, Oral Surgery and Maxillofacial Surgery at Clinica Ochoa in Marbella performs, amongst others, the following treatments:
- Treatment of dental inclusions
- Complex dental extractions in patients taking anticoagulation treatments (Sintrom, Aspirin)
- Treatment of jaw cysts and infections
- Pre-prosthetic surgery, allowing placement of implants in patients lacking the necessary bone density (maxillary sinus lifts, bone grafts, regularization of bone defects)
- Orthognathic surgery, to change the profile of the face or to treat dental occlusion problems
- Aesthetic Facial Surgery
- Orofacial pain and joint disease, infection, presence of calculi (stones) and tumors.
- Facial Injuries and their repercussions.
- Oral Cancer
- Oral Lichen Planus
We offer the possibility of performing any of these treatments in the operating room, under local or general anaesthetic, with the care and supervision of our anaesthesiologists, allowing minimal discomfort from surgery, removing the stress and anxiety that these treatments can represent for some patients, whilst ensuring a rapid recovery in the clinic, and patient discharge within hours of surgery.